Ways to Give
Trinity UMC relies on the generosity of donors like you. We believe that God calls us to good stewardship of our resources, and that giving is a spiritual discipline. It not only builds up the church, but helps us live according to Jesus’ words: Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven…For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Give Through Offering
You can place these directly into the plate on Sunday mornings, or use offering envelopes. If you’d like offering envelopes with your name on them, please contact the church office.
1. Recurring Giving Through Vanco* – You can have your offering automatically deducted from your Bank Account weekly or monthly. Use the link here to create an account, set up those transactions and adjust them at any time. OR, if you don’t want one more password to remember, you may simply print out this form and return it to the Church Office with a voided check.
2. One Time Donations Through Vanco – You can make a one-time donation with your Bank Account or with a Credit Card through Vanco. Use the link here to make your donation.
3. Electronic Giving Through Your own Bank – Many banks offer an online banking program, whereby you can set up a recurring payment to Trinity UMC. We welcome you to do so and have your offering mailed as a check to Trinity UMC.
*Vanco is a secure and trusted third party source that Trinity uses to facilitate electronic giving. It is completely integrated with our financial database, and makes giving reliable and easy for you and our finance team.
Alternate Ways of Giving
Stocks, Bonds, or Estate Giving – You are welcome to give other kinds of donations. We invite you to contact our church office, and we will put you in touch with a member of the Finance Team who can make arrangements with you.
Amazon Smile – Trinity is registered with Amazon Smile, which gives back a percentage of your purchase to the organization you designate. To benefit Trinity:
- Click on http://tinyurl.com/trinitysmile
- Click on the yellow “Select” button next to “Trinity United Methodist Church, Germantown, MD 20874”
- Whenever you want to shop, go to http://www.smile.amazon.com instead of the usual amazon.com address. That way, Trinity will benefit from your shopping at Amazon.
- To make it easier, you can bookmark http://www.smile.amazon.com in your browser and just click on your bookmark to shop.
- If you use Google Chrome as your browser, you can add an extension called “Smile Always” that will automatically redirect you to the Smile page whenever you go to the regular Amazon.com.
- If you use Firefox (Mozilla) you can install an extension called “Smile Redirect” to automatically redirect to Smile.